Spring back into exercise - how will you begin?
As the weather changes seasons and head towards warmer days, we often feel the urge to get active and start something new. But where to begin?
Sometimes we just need the motivation to start, but other times we need to be strategic with our approach to ensure we minimise injury and align our exercise choices with the goals we are trying to achieve, ensuring success.
Here’s a few tips and tricks to help you begin this spring:
1) Write down your goal – Write down your thoughts and goals around starting your fitness journey. What do you want to achieve? This will set your intention and help you plan your path to a successful spring.
2) Create a routine – It has been said that it takes about 30 days to form a habit. Creating a routine will help you stay on track and keep motivated, for example If you want to wake up and workout early, set your alarm to build your routine, this will get easier as you progress.
3) Ask for help – Our staff are here to support you with your health and fitness needs, don’t be afraid to ask for help especially on the tougher days (we all have them).
4) Commit with what you have – If you work full time, have children or have limited time, align your goals to fit with what you can commit to. Remember it’s about beginning!
5) Drink more water – Probably the simplest way to start working towards better health. Hydration will ensure you are recovering well enough after each session and replacing vital fluids lost during exercise.
Either way, you never know what you can achieve unless you BEGIN.